Pages

June 4, 2011

Oh hey

So yea. I've decided that I have a lot to say and it's about time I get it out there because it seems that everyone else is doing it. I really did try to avoid the whole social blah blah blah at first, but it's too freaking fun! And let's be real. Who am I to not follow the pack?
I'm Adam. Hi.
So that's my introduction to everyone.
Let me warn you, I will be rambling in this blog. I feel like I have a billion thoughts stuck in my mind and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of them. Maybe writing them down will help me sleep at night. Or melatonin. I hear that stuff works wonders. I can't try it though. My mother is very much against me taking sleeping medication to help me fall asleep. She thinks I'll become addicted.
Which takes me to the first thing I'm going to tell you about myself.

Lesson 1: Insomnia
When I was a child I had major insomnia. As in, I was the only third grader who went to bed after midnight. And like the geek I 
was
 am, I would stay up under the covers with a flashlight reading. Usually Harry Potter.
Which brings me to

Lesson 2: Harry Potter
Ummm.... 7th movie is coming out in July! End of my childhood perhaps? All I know is that I cried a lot when Dobby died in the movie (obviously I was in hysterics when anyone died in the book - from Sirius to Dumbledore to Dobby to all 50 trillion people in the last battle scene). Anyway, I love Harry Potter. I read the first one in first grade and now, at age 19, Harry will kill Voldemort and I will no longer be the 11 year old kid waiting at his mailbox for an owl to come with my acceptance letter. Whatever. I know that they must have just forgotten about me. Or maybe there are no American wizards? Just kidding, I know there are because I was the American team in Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup for Gamecube.
Speaking of which - would it be weird to join the Quidditch team at school? Not that I care what other people think. I mean, I do, but not when it comes to Quidditch. I would definitely be Seeker.

Lesson 3: Chaos
In case the fact that I listed Harry Potter as the 2nd most important lesson, and insomnia as the 1st, my mind doesn't really go in order. I kind of just have a stream of thoughts and I put them down in no particular order because why not? So that was a pretty brief lesson.
Some other notes that are way more important than the lessons which aren't really lessons just me being an idiot as per usual:
  • I'm totally into film, as you will see by my later posts. Cinema Studies major what up?
  • I love fantasy books intended for preteens even though I'm in college (Percy Jackson, The Hunger Games, etc.).
  • I love watching TV and movies.
  • I eat as if there's no tomorrow. Although I do believe there will be tomorrow. Everyone's got to get over this apocalypse nonsense. Be a little glass half full, thank you very much.
That's pretty much all I can think of right now. Many more posts come.
-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment